We (the county) are entering two sides - a "ten" in the U17 competition, and a "seven" in the U14s. Overall about a third of the players will be coming from each of the three clubs in what should be a challenging, and somewhat unpredictable event.
Unpredictable because this is also a regional day. Our regional girls will be up in Coalville (Leicestershire) to take on the might of East Midlands and Yorkshire, and the same applies to the other county teams we will face - their regional representatives will also be elsewhere.
In addition, of course, its the Easter holiday so even more girls will be away on familiy holidays (including our own Katie and Nikki, not to mention Sophie).
Hopefully we'll have the county kit to play in - I have asked but with only a week to go before the tournament bringing your Letchworth shirts would be a good idea. Just in case.
For those with GPS systems in the car the address is: Wimbledon Rugby Football Club, Beverley Meads, Barham Road, Copse Hill, Wimbledon, SW20 OET.
For everyone else the suggested route seems to vary a fair bit dependent on which system you ask - so can make your own choice. In practice the ground is just off the A3 almost surounded by the Royal Wimbledon golf course.
The most obvious route appears to be.....
- South down the A1(M), then anti-clockwise round the M25 to the M4 junction
- Follow M4 east into London until it peters out and becomes the A4.
- With about half-a-mile turn right and cross the Thames at via Kew Bridge, joining the A205
- After about 3 miles turn right on to Roehamton Lane (A1166)
- At the end of Roehampton Lane, turn right onto the A3 (Kingston Vale)
- Stay on A3, bearing left as it becomes Robins Hood Way
- After a mile and a half bear left onto the Coombe Lane ramp, then left into Coome Lane, the left into Barham Road. The club is at the end of Barham Road.
Journey times and travel distances (from Letchworth) vary, but circa 50 miles and about and hour and a quarter would seem reasonable.More details about this competition when we get them. Start time is 1.30pm so those going from Letchworth to meet at the club with the aim of departing at 11.15/11.30am.
The aim would be to arrive by around 12.15/12.30 to give time for girls from the three teams to get to know each other, work out who will play where, etc. It also allows time for people to get lost etc. on route!