Could it be New Zealand, home of the World Champions? No. Australia, then, home of the Sevens World Champions? No. England? Currently home of the best women's rugby team ever? Daft question.
No. It is a country where rugby is not even a major sport. I give you...
All sorts of thoughts come to mind here, like...
- When did you last see (Olympics-related advertising excepted perhaps) any women's sports team promote any product in the UK?
- Why the heck not? This is, after all, a pretty powerful - and eye-catching - image.
- Yes, okay, phrases like "posing pout" have been used but even so its still probably one of the most positive images of women in advertising that I have seen for some time. Compare and contrast with how women are being portrayed by people like Asda at the moment...
- As well as advertising the product (nuclear power, apparently!) this is a brilliant way of advertising the sport as well.
- "Sponsor of the Netherlands Sevens team" you note - not the "Netherlands women's sevens team". No prefix. That is a level of subliminal recognition that is pretty remarkable.
- This is a minority sport in Holland. But note the lack of explanation as to who they are. It is roughly the equivalent of a campaign in the UK being fronted by the British women's handball team, so who says you need to be big media stars to be valuable for advertisers?
- Add in the knowledge that this sponsor only sponsors the women's team - and it was the players themselves who went out and won the deal. Any team that has a sponsor-less shirt should maybe see it as an opportunity.
- Who is the promotional genius at the heart of the women's rugby set-up in Holland?